Conor Brophy: By 2020, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and the Guardian will be changed organisations
It will involve less breadth but more depth, as well as accepting that past performance is no guarantee of future success
The year 2020 will be one to watch in the newspaper industry. The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and the Guardian are all now in the midst of multi-year restructuring plans aimed at delivering both editorial and financial stability by that date.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive