O'Neill's reappointment all about filling stadiums
The FAI has showed admirable restraint in keeping their toys in the pram
For an intelligent man, criticism has always been Martin O'Neill's blind spot. Even before his last campaign with the national side, he'd told some British media that their Irish counterparts were the most critical he'd ever come across, and this from a man who had been willing to argue his own legal points in newspaper coverage when based in Britain.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive