Record number of motor insurance claims withdrawn

The body set up to handle claims against uninsured drivers said that of 116 claims deemed false or suspicious, 65 were discontinued in 2018. This was a four-fold increase on the 16 claims withdrawn the previous year

31st March, 2019

The Motor Insurers Bureau of Ireland (MIBI) saw a record number of claims withdrawn last year as part of its “zero tolerance” anti-fraud strategy, according to figures released to The Sunday Business Post.

The body set up to handle claims against uninsured drivers said that of 116 claims deemed false or suspicious, 65 were discontinued in 2018. This was a four-fold increase on the 16 claims withdrawn the previous year.

Chief executive David Fitzgerald said the results...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month, €19.99 Monthly thereafter

Get basic

*New subscribers only

You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

2 Yearly

€315

€248

Unlimited Access for 2 Years

You can cancel any time.

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Share this post

Related Stories

Michael Brennan: Acid test of Greens’ peace deal will be what happens in Dublin Bay South

Home Michael Brennan 2 hours ago

Analysis: Will new EU law cause a chilling effect on future FDI into Ireland?

EU Graham Butler 4 hours ago

Willie O’Reilly: Trump gets personal with a special message

The debate on reopening society must be about more than health