London Stock Exchange and Deutsche Boerse agree on merger

The deal that would create a titan of European trading

16th March, 2016
The London Stock Exchange Pic: Getty

LSE’s equity holders will own 45.6 per cent of the enlarged group, while Deutsche Boerse stockholders will get the remaining 54.4 per cent. The two companies announced on February 23 that they were negotiating a deal. The companies are valued at $30.5 billion (€27.5 billion).

“They’re being very, very careful to position this as a merger and a merger of equals,” said Scott Moeller, a professor of corporate finance at London’s Cass Business School and a former...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Currency

What's Included

With any subscription you will have access to

  • 971569B3-2C5E-4C45-B798-CEADE16987A8

    Unlimited multi-device access to our iPad, iPhone and Android Apps

  • 099C8662-C57C-42F2-9426-F2F90DF17C8F

    Unlimited access to our eReader library

  • 198AE43B-B9CF-4892-8769-D63C2104BA08

    Exclusive daily insight and opinion seven days a week

  • D8F37B78-25E4-4E4A-A376-4F5789B1564A

    Create alerts to never miss a subject that matters to you

  • B15F2521-37CD-4E02-B898-730A20D39F7F

    Get access to exclusive offers for subscribers on gifts and experiences

  • A564FE02-1AB8-4579-AF9D-BA32A2E5ACA7

    Get content from Business Post, Business Post Magazines, Connected, Tatler and Food & Wine

Share this post

Related Stories

Susan O’Keeffe: Intelligent, joined-up, long-term planning for change would begin to honour Ashling Murphy

A whole new level: Why Microsoft is paying $68.7bn to acquire Activision-Blizzard

Analysis: Northern Ireland protocol issue becomes ever more pressing as elections approach

Eoin Ó Broin: Focus on built environment is key to cutting emissions